- Download Windows 10 Media Creation tool from here.
- Accept the License Agreement.
- Select Create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) for another PC. The first option of Upgrade PC now will do the same thing as Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant.
- Select Language, Edition and Architecture from the next screen.
- Select the installation media or if you haven’t plugged in the USB flash drive or DVD, you may download the bootable ISO file.
If you would like to download Windows 10 1809 ISO files instead of installing directly on the computer, you can download the ISO files using the methods given below:
Download Windows 10 Version 1809 ISO files
Windows 10 Version 1809 ISO files have not been published by Microsoft at the moment. We will update this section once Microsoft publishes the ISO files direct download links.
Download Windows 10 Enterprise Version 1809 ISO files
If you want to evaluate Windows 10 right now, then best way to test it would be to install Windows 10 Enterprise version 1809. You can download the ISO files by following the steps below:
- Go to Windows 10 Enterprise Evaluations page.
- Select ISO – Enterprise and press Continue button. (ISO – LTSB is for people who don’t want Windows to be updated frequently)
- Enter your details like name, email address and phone no and press Next.
- Select 32-bit or 64-bit platform and then select the language. Windows 10 Enterprise is available in English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese and Spanish.
- Click the Download button
This will start downloading the ISO media file to your computer. The ISO size will be around 4 GB.
You can either use the above option to download Windows 10 October 2018 Update or use the following links to download ESD files to your computer. These ESD files need to be converted to ISO files for installing them to your computer. We will discuss about how to convert ESD files to ISO files after sharing the direct download links for Windows 10 Version 1809 ESD files.
Download Windows 10 Version 1809 Business Volume ESD Files (Enterprise, Enterprise N, Education, Education N, Pro, Pro N)
Download Windows 10 Version 1809 Consumer Retail ESD Files (Home, Home N, Education, Education N, Pro, Pro N)
How to convert ESD files to ISO
We have already written a separate article on how to convert ESD file to ISO. Basically, we will use Dism++ utility to convert the files. It is as easy as starting the app, giving source and destination files and sit n wait until your ISO file is ready.
I am getting the error “The specified buffer contains ill-formed data”? What should I do?
This error comes most probably because the file has not been downloaded completely. You will need to download the ESD file again and make sure the download is complete before you can use the ESD file to convert to ISO.
Windows 10 Version 1809 end of life
Microsoft releases a new feature version of Windows 10 every 6 months and each version is supported for a period of 18 months or 1.5 years. This means that Windows 10 Version 1809 will be supported until March 2020 when it reaches its end of life from Microsoft.
Windows 10 Version 1809 product keys
Windows 10 Version 1809 can be installed without a product key. The user is given about 5 days to use Windows without restrictions. After the trial period expires, most of the customization features will be disabled until you give a valid product key. You may try to extend the trial period using these product keys.
Upgrading to Windows 10 Version 1809 may break Wi-fi connectivity
If you have saved Wifi keys, after this upgrade, Windows may seem to forget the saved keys. You should restart your computer twice after upgrade and Windows will be able to remember the saved keys. If you still have issues with network connectivity, you may run the Windows 10 network troubleshooter by going to Settings –> Update & Security –> Troubleshoot –> Network Adapter –> Run the troubleshooter.
You can also fix Wifi issues by resetting the network components by going to Settings –> Network & Internet –> Status –> Network Reset.
If you encounter any other issues related to Windows 10 October 2018 Update, please let us know through comments below and we will try to update this article as new solutions are discovered.